MARCH 22ND IS INTERNATIONAL WATER DAY! HOW CAN WE SAVE WATER? TAKE THIS QUIZ AND SEE HOW MUCH YOU KNOW ABOUT WATER AND CONSERVING IT:
World Water Day
We can’t live without water. We drink it, we use it in the kitchen, in the bathroom, in the garden… The 16th World Water Day is on 22nd March.
Let’s find out how much you know about water. Read these water facts and decide which are true or false.
Circle your answer and put the letter at the end in the box. If you answer all the questions correctly you will be able to complete the theme for World Water Day 2010.
CLEAN WATER FOR A …
- How much of our planet is covered with water?
70 % = H 90 % = C
- How much of the water on Earth is available to drink?
4 % = L 1 % = E
- How much of your body is made up from water?
75 % = A 60 % = E
- How long can you survive without water?
3 weeks = A 7 days = L
- How many litres of water do you use when you take a bath?
50 litres = N 200 litres = T
- How many litres does a person use to take a shower?
50 litres = H 200 litres = E
- How much water should a person drink every day?
3 – 4 glasses = R 6 – 8 glasses = Y
- Which is correct? Bottled water is … than freshwater.
healthier = L more expensive = W
- How many people on Earth don’t have access to freshwater?
1 billion = 0 1 million = I
- Water boils at … degrees Celsius
50 = F 100 = R
- Water freezes at … degrees Celsius.
-5 = L 0 = E
- Which organisation helps protect the environment?
Amnesty International = S Friends of the Earth = D